Thursday, July 5, 2007

My Fourth of July

The story of my Fourth of July goes a little something like this:
Guatemala doesn't exactly celebrate our Independance Day. However, both of my language school classes were canceled! My friend Amanda and I decided we wanted to (a) get out of town and (b) do something we don't normally get to do.
So, we went to Antigua. Antigua is a beautiful (touristy) town outside of the City about 45 minutes. We went to Hotel Antigua (origional, huh?!?!) and went to the pool. Pools are very not common here, and heated ones are even harder to find.
Needless to say, we spend a few, very relaxing, hours in the pool with a beautiful view of Volcano Agua. Agua is the third largest in all of Guatemala and Antigua rests on it. It's viewable from the roof of my house and many areas around the city. However, when you're at the foot of it, it's a little different!

After swimming, Amanda and I went to the restaurant Mono Loco (Funky Monkey) for dinner. It's a very 'unique' restaurant with a very unique feel. However, they have great food! The brick pole to the right is covered in red, white and blue confetti - the closest we got to fireworks or anything closely related to our nation's colors!
We had a great time and returned home exausted. I, on a very happy note, got a little sun!
Happy Independance Day!
Sarah

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had a blast with you Sarah!! Thanks for a great 4th!!!

Anonymous said...

Lipssssssssssssssss,
Like your blogspace. What a wonderful way of keeping up with what you are doing. Lovee your piece on "Choices" and I'm glad you got some sun.

How is language school going? Are you learning a lot fast? Wish I was there to go through it with you.

I'll be checking up on you now that I have your blog space (ha,ha). Peggy Amos

Anonymous said...

Sarah, what a great way to keep the masses updated! I love it! The internet is way above my head now-a-days! You look and sound like you are doing great...keep under the shadow of His wing and everything will work out...miss you girl!

Sarah Crouch