Thursday, January 24, 2008

Teacher Sarah

If you asked me a few years... maybe even months ago, if I'd ever be a teacher, I would tell you no! Children kind of scare me and standing infront of them teaching a new language is not my idea of exciting! However, as shared previously, I somehow obtained the job of teaching English in the elmentary school at my church.

I'm happy to report: so far so good! The first day the principal of the school, and a friend of mine, helped by teaching the class as I observed. Day two went even better. She will slowly give me the class, little by little. Which this idea very much calms my nerves!

First the kids wouldn't speak English to me - probably because they didn't know or trust me. However, it seems to get a little better every time I see the children!

PLEASE continue praying. I'm not naturally talented in 'teaching' so for me this is a way God can show up and show of His true glory through me!

Also, next weekend (February 2nd) I will be climbing a beautiful (yet active) volcano - Pacaya. I'm really excited as a secret passion of mine is volcanoes. However, some training must be done on these legs before I master the majestic Pacaya... wish me luck...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very exciting! I wish I could climb a volcano with you! it's a little freaky that its active though...

Teaching is a big responsibility, but its awesome that you've been entrusted with these kids education. I'll be praying that the kids warm up to you and love you and that you are more at ease with the situation.

Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

Josh is going to be studying volcanoes over the next month or so in school and I'll be teaching him so I'll be very interested to see how the trek goes!

I'm sure you're doing great teaching the children...just keep smiling and they'll love you! We continue to pray for you.

Diane Scoggins

Anonymous said...

Have fun on the volcano. Sounds like an adventure. Don't worry, those kids are going to fall in love with you. They won't be able to help it, it's just who you are -loveable!!

Miss you, mom

Amanda said...

i was so tired by the time I go to the top that I didn't want to come down. I wanted a helicopter to come get me. LOL!